The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an internationally recognised business qualification, which indicates the higher levels of knowledge and skills needed to implement change, turn threats into opportunities, sustain and improve competitive advantage locally, nationally and internationally.
This exciting new course is designed to develop your understanding of the global information technology environment to prepare you to become effective in a senior management role in the IT sector both within and beyond the UK.
You will examine the use of enterprise-wide information management systems within different business contexts and several commercial sectors to better understand how IT can positively impact on the structure and processes of a modern organisation, particularly in the light of changing external environments and rapidly developing technology.
A distinct advantage of our course is the fact you will receive training and practical exposure to two of the world’s leading software systems – Systems, Applications and Products (SAP), the leading provider of enterprise business applications and solutions, and Projects IN Controlled Environments (PRINCE2), recognised worldwide as the de facto project management process.
Course content has been designed with input from our Industry Advisory Board, whose membership includes companies in the wholesale industry. Their feedback tells us that employers are looking for graduates with management capabilities in addition to the expected IT skills, which is why our course provides a solid foundation in PRINCE2 techniques, which demonstrates your commitment to high quality management, control and organisation.
Our highly qualified staff are acknowledged experts in their field, with substantial academic and industrial expertise. This includes, for example, the country project director for IT for Shell International and ITV, former heads of IT, managing directors of software development houses and database specialists. They have or continue to conduct research into big data, internet protocols, knowledge management, education and healthcare, sharing this knowledge within their teaching.
- Coventry is rated 19th best in the UK for ‘Computer Science and Information Systems’ and 12th for ‘Business and Management Studies’ in the Guardian University Guide 2017.
- Coventry is ranked 50th for ‘Computer Science’ and 36th for ‘Business Studies’ in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016.
- Opportunity to gain certification in SAP and PRINCE2 with a limited number of scholarships available for students to take the exams.
- Study in our state-of-the-art £55m Engineering and Computing building, which features sustainable technologies including rainwater harvesting, solar thermal energy and biomass boilers.
- Access to extensive cutting-edge facilities and equipment, such as appropriate development environments and database applications, as well as on and off site access to commercial IT software, including SAP, Prince2 and Microsoft Project for process modelling.
- Extensive links with industry providing opportunities for project placements with past computing students working for the likes of IBM, Barclays Bank, Lockheed Martin, Sun Microsystems, United Advertising, Hewlett-Packard and British Aerospace.
- Research-informed teaching – our faculty includes experts actively researching pervasive computing, distributed computing and applications, innovative applications for interactive worlds, serious games and virtual worlds.
- High levels of student satisfaction for our postgraduate Computing courses of 90%, above the sector average of 80% (2016 Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey PTES). 92% of our MSc Management of IT graduates were in work or further study after six months (DLHE 2014/15).